Gracepoint's history is one of faith and innovation, of prayer and relationship-building. It is the story of God's people dedicated to building a relevant Church with a clear purpose - creating more and better followers of Jesus Christ. It is the chronicle of a small but committed core who met around a kitchen table and prayerfully drafted a plan for what has become one of the Lower Mainland's network of community churches committed to welcoming people to come as they are...
Gracepoint's insightful founders could not have conceived the directions it would take, or dreamt of the lives that would be impacted by opening its doors. They could have never foreseen some of the key turning points in Gracepoint's history - points at which a commitment and perseverance moved the church to a deeper experience of God's faithfulness.
- Sep 1985 - Peace Arch Fellowship is launched
- Sep 1990 - Peter & Diane Nikkel begin forming the core group of Panorama Community Church
- Dec 1990 - First service at Panorama Park Elementary School in Surrey
- Apr 1995 - Panorama Church moves to Seaquam High School in North Delta
- Jun 2002 - Panorama moves to Surrey's Bell Centre For The Performing Arts
- Sep 2005 - Panorama Church and Peace Arch Fellowship integrate forming the newly revitalized Gracepoint Community Church, meeting in two locations in Surrey